Parts of my newsletter

Reading Is Important

I have put out this newsletter this month to bring special attention to reading. This newsletter will give you tips on reading with your young reader. I have also included ten books that I believe your child will love and will want to read repeatedly. I have also compiled a list of websites that will be beneficial to you and your child.
Reading is an essential part of a child’s life. It helps them with their social skills, opens up new worlds and enriches their lives, books help children develop vital language skills, and it is important that you make time everyday to read with your child.
I hope that this newsletter helps and that I have given you some new ideas on reading with your child.

Tips on Reading



Talk about the new words that you encounter

Let your child have access to as many resources as possible

Read to and with your child each and everyday

Read their favorite books repeatedly

Ask open ended questions not just yes/no questions

· Make trips to the library
· Limiting the amount of time your family watches television
· While reading the story stop and ask questions or explain something to your reader
· Make a personal connection to the story
· Discuss what you have just read
· Let your child pick their own books to read
· Make the story appealing by changing your tone and voice

No comments: